Frequently Asked Questions
Getting your home photo ready is very important when choosing to market the property online.Remember that a 360 interactive virtual tour will be like an open house 24/7, so a little time spent preparing will certainly pay off in the end.
Our photographers will have a limited time at each location as several tours are scheduled each day, therefore it is important that the home be in the condition you want it photographed in when the photographer arrives.
What should I know about virtual tours and 360° panoramas ?
The clients like to know what they are buying. They want to see goods right from home. They don’t like to spend their precious time on the road to see all by they own eyes. People like to choose right from home.
But how to sell a home by the internet? How to show a flat or a landscape by the internet? Actually, even if you will use just a simple photo of the flat, it is a great advantage. A lot of people in realty don’t even look offers without photos. But virtual tours and 360° panoramas is the whole new way to differentiate your offer from all others. Virtual tours give much bigger presence effect than plane, still photos. Client yet wasn’t at the place but with virtual tour it’s like he walked there and already aimed for it!
What is 360° panorama?
It’s like the view point on the top of Eiffel Tower: you can look around and examine a lot of interesting details. 360° means that you can look at any direction: to the left, to the right or even backward.
What is virtual tour?
It’s several view points, between which you can travel like on an excursion. In every view point you can interact with different objects, for example, you can give a closer look at or to listen to the voice of a guide ( if recorder).
Who are using virtual tours?
Café, restaurants, hotels, movie theaters, realty agents, developers, travel industry, yacht sellers. Using virtual tours, they are showing the comfort and the atmosphere, which are waiting for their customers. This raises the client’s confidence and more people are booking the place. Moreover, virtual tours are the best to show a manufacture, to give a presence effect of an event to the news readers or to show them a landscape in all its beauty.
Why are the virtual tours useful for me?
- You can give an opportunity to see all the things from your eyes to the people who are at the distant place on the planet.
- You will attract more clients as they can see your place much better than your rival’s place
- You will raise their confidence as they don’t need to buy pig in a poke anymore
- Clients can sense and fall in love with the atmosphere of the place before they get to it.
- You can retain them on your site much longer. People like to examine the panoramas. Furthermore, they are not passively looking on photos, but actively interacting with your site, which makes them memorize it much more effectively.
- You can transfer your feelings about some place or event much better
How long does it take to photograph a property?
A: A “photo-ready” property on a standard lot requires 20 minutes per 1,000 square feet for still photographs, and 10 minutes for each panoramic scene (depending on the layout). Most “photo-ready” single family homes that are 2-3,000 square feet take between 35 – 45 minutes for still photographs and 50 – 90 minutes for a full virtual tour. Larger homes or acreage properties require more time for full coverage.
How much time is allotted in the starting package prices?
A: Base package prices are designed to allow full coverage of most “photo-ready” single family houses in urban and suburban areas. The virtual tour package includes 45 minutes of photography time and the still photograph packages include 35 minutes of photography time. Addition photography time may be required if the home is not “photo-ready”, has a unique layout, is in a rural area with acreage and outbuildings, or if the agent has special requests.
What should be done to get a property “photo-ready”?
A: Since many buyers will be seeing the property for the first time online, you want to make the best impression possible. The property should be in a comparable state to that of an open house. Simply put, to make your listing look its best, signs of pets, children, laundry and dishes should be reduced as much as possible.
- Beds should be made with the nightstands decluttered and neatly organized.
- Bathroom counters should be cleared or neatly organized; no toothbrushes or disposable soap bottles.
- Pet beds, feeding bowls, crates, and baby gates should be removed from view.
- Kitchen counters should be decluttered and neatly organized; common items on kitchen counters that are neatly arranged can help give the kitchen scale and not feel vacant (i.e. knife blocks, toasters, coffee makers).
- Kitchen sinks should be empty with dish drying racks removed.
- All light bulbs should be functioning, especially chandeliers and multi-bulb vanities.
- All Kleenex boxes should be removed — they give an unhealthy feel and look bad.
- All portable fans and heaters should be removed — it suggests the home is too hot or too cold.
- Do not schedule your photography appointment on garbage day unless you want the front panoramic scene to include garbage, recycling and yard debris cans.
Agents should arrive at the property at least 15 minutes prior to the photography appointment to turn on all lights, open all blinds and correct any situation that may be keeping the home from being “photo-ready”.
Additionally, do not schedule photography appointments at the same time that other contractors will be working at the property. This includes (but is not limited to): landscapers, window washers, carpet cleaners, painters, construction contractors, etc. For a printable list to share with your client please go here.
Does the agent need to be at the property for the photography appointment?
A: We are happy to meet the homeowner or access the property via a contractor’s box, but strongly suggest the agent or their assistant is present for the appointment. Properties that are not “photo-ready” will be photographed as-is unless the agent has asked for the photographer to arrange items per their discretion. Charges for additional time may apply depending on the amount of work required.
How long are virtual tours hosted?
A: The virtual tours never expire. All virtual tours should be marked as SOLD as soon as they are SOLD or you will be in violation of the privacy act. These tours are not connected to your local MLS system; if you do not mark these tours as sold in your member control panel, they will stay active and you could be subject to a fine from your local board. After the virtual tour is marked SOLD the tour stays active and the broker can show the listing to clients how they market and sell properties.
Do I get a username & password?
A: Yes, there is an option for username and password.
Is there a sign up fee, set up fee, or contract?
A: NO, there is no sign up, set up fee or long term contract.
Can I transfer the images?
The images are not transferable. Each realtor has to pay to use the images for their own advertisement.
How can I use my images ?
You may use them for your MLS listing, your brochures, your personal branding, advertisement and sale of that home. If you want to print the images as gift and or “wall art” the special copy right release form is required from a Photographer and that license can acquire a new charge per discretion of the photographer.
What happens after you submit the form?
Once we receive your order form, we will contact you to confirm your order and schedule the photography appointment and provide you with your personal private client log-in information* (if you are a new customer). Before your scheduled appointment you will receive an email invoice and payment can be made before the photo shoot or the same day.
- Our policy is to deliver your images and tour within next business day between Noon and 3pm * some packages do require more editing time due to the standard or for the quality and quantity.
- All of our work is done in High Resolution some shoots require a bit more time and we are striving to get you the images as soon as possible.
- Saturday and Sunday photography is available per request for no extra charge, however, please check in with us for the availability and delivery will be on Monday by Noon.
- We travel anywhere with in 20 mile radius of the Office. For any property outside of that radius a mileage will be calculated accordingly.
- Please note: High end properties, duplex properties, triplex properties, and other non-standard features configurations will be custom quoted, based on the specific needs of the property. All prices are subject to change without notice at any time and are based in part on property size, location, sales price, end use. Price is based on and quoted just for single use until you sale the property.